1. Who owns HughesNet?
The founder of Echostar, Charlie Ergen, owns Hughes Network. He runs it as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Echostar. The internet service provider has its headquarters in Germantown, Maryland.
2. What services does HughesNet offer?
HughesNet is one of the biggest internet service providers in Northern America. The company provides a host of internet services to business and residential properties in the United States, including Alaska.
Through HughesNet, customers can run their businesses remotely, keep in touch with loved ones and enjoy the convenience of fast internet access.
3. How much does HughesNet cost?
HughesNet services come in a range of data plans priced with the customer in mind.
The services start at $59.99 a month.
Customers can choose add-on services or upgrade their plan at an additional cost.
4. What plans are available on HughesNet?/ How much data does HughesNet come with?
Commercial and residential customers can enjoy all-inclusive plans suited to their lifestyle or budget.
The flexible and pocket-friendly plans make the internet accessible even in the most rural parts of the country.
Customers can choose from a variety of plans:
- 10 GB. $59.99/mo
- 20 GB. $69.99/mo
- 30 GB. $99.99/mo
- 50 GB. $149.99/mo
Each plan offers a bonus zone customers can use during off-peak hours. In the bonus zone, customers can access the internet without using the data offered in their plan. The bonus zone is ideal for heavy downloads and streaming during off-peak hours.
5. Is HughesNet the best broadband provider?
Yes, it is.
HughesNet is accessible even in the most remote parts of the country. Customers can enjoy fast and reliable internet access regardless of their location.
6. What hardware do I need for HughesNet ?/ Does HughesNet offer an equipment purchase option?
Every HughesNet connection needs a modem and a satellite dish installed at the customer’s property.
After installation, customers need a router to create a network they can use to access the internet.
All the hardware customers need is available from HughesNet. Customers can either buy or lease the equipment.
7. How can I secure HughesNet from hackers?
HughesNet works to guarantee customer security. They provide encrypted routers and modems and provide information on cybersecurity.
Customers also have a responsibility to take action to protect their data and personal information. Some steps they can take include:
- Creating a new username and password from the one provided during installation
- Turning on encryption settings to ensure they do not share any personal information online
8. How does HughesNet differ from dial-up?
HughesNet, unlike dial-up, relies on satellites to ensure nationwide coverage.
The reliance on satellite makes HughesNet connections faster than dial-up. Customers in rural areas can subscribe to the service without worrying about slow speeds and throttling.
Dial-up connections are quite slow, especially in rural areas.
9. What is the fastest speed offered by HughesNet? What are HughesNet upload speeds and download speeds?/ How fast is HughesNet internet?
Each plan on the HughesNet offers upload and download speeds of 25Mbps and 3Mbps respectively regardless of your location.
10. What are the computer requirements for HughesNet internet?
Any computer can connect on the HughesNet internet network.
If you experience any problems, try upgrading your operating system to its latest version. This should fix the issue.
11. How do I contact HughesNet Internet?
Customers can access information and customer support services on the Hughesnet customer support page.
Alternatively, customers can call customer support toll-free on 1-866-347-3292.
12. Does HughesNet have data caps? What data cap does HughesNet offer?
HughesNet plans come with no data caps.
13. How much is HughesNet internet-only per month?/ What monthly price does HughesNet charge?
Internet-only per month on HughesNet begins at $59.99. The most expensive package is $149.99 per month.
Customers who choose a long-term plan can qualify for discounts.
The no data cap option makes sure customers get value for money.
14. How much does HughesNet charge as a monthly equipment fee?
The equipment fee customers pay per month depends on whether they choose to lease or buy the equipment at installation.
Over a 2-year period, customers leasing the equipment get to save $150. They also enjoy other discounts over the duration of their contract.
On the other hand, customers who choose to buy the equipment save $350 over a 2-year period.
During installation, customers can request a discount depending on the location of their property.
15. Which states/cities do HughesNet cover?
Customers can access HughesNet services from every part of the country including Alaska.
HughesNet has an ‘A’ rating from the better Business Bureau. It is the number one satellite company in the United States.
16. Does HughesNet charge an installation fee?
HughesNet charges an installation fee to all its customers. However, customers can qualify for free installation depending on the plan and service they choose.
Customers who buy the equipment will pay for installation while customers who lease the equipment will qualify for free installation. The free installation saves customers $199.99.
17. What are the contract requirements with HughesNet?
HughesNet’s contract requires customers to sign a 24-month commitment when signing up for the service.
If customers cancel the service within the first three months, they have to pay a $400 cancellation fee. Thereafter, the cancellation amount will reduce by $15 per month for every month the service is active.
Other contract details can change to abide by state and local laws depending on the customer’s location.
18. How does HughesNet work?
HughesNet relies on satellite technology to deliver quality service to its customers.
Customers get military quality connections that ensure they enjoy high-speeds with no downtime regardless of their location.
19. How to cancel the HughesNet Internet?
Customers who want to cancel their service should contact customer care.
Customer care reps will guide you on how to go about it. This will include calculating your cancellation fee and advising you on the return of HughesNet equipment.
Cancellation and equipment fees begin at $400 for each service. If you’ve used the service for more than 3 months, you immediately qualify for a lower cancellation fee.
If you choose to take down and mail the equipment to HughesNet, they refund $200 of the equipment fee.
20. What satellite does HughesNet use?
HughesNet promises clients military quality services to ensure continuous connectivity.
It is able to deliver this quality of service through the EchoStar XIX satellite. The satellite uses Jupiter System Technology and covers the entire United States and Alaska.
The EchoStar XIX satellite is the highest-capacity broadband satellite in the world.
21. How to make HughesNet faster?
As a customer, you can speed up your HughesNet connection by verifying the satellite and computer settings.
Alternatively, you can request for adjustments to help increase the network’s efficiency and transfer speeds.
Lastly, you can enjoy better quality services by updating any software associated with the HughesNet service.
22. How to change the HughesNet password?
Customers who want to change their password can follow these simple steps:
- Access the internet on a browser that is on the network
- Open the HughesNet website
- Click on the password prompt
- Provide the network’s username and password to login to the network
- Select the router settings and choose the wireless section
- Change the password and save changes
23. What router does HughesNet use?
HughesNet customers receive the Netgear WNDR4500 router. They also enjoy a CD-less installation process.
24. Does HughesNet offer unlimited data?
Every plan on the HughesNet service package comes with unlimited data. Customers can enjoy the internet without worrying about running out of data.
25. Is HughesNet internet reliable?
Yes, it is one of the most reliable networks in the country.
HughesNet offers the fastest and most widespread internet service in the country.
26. How to login to a HughesNet router?
Customers who want to access their router can follow three easy steps:
- Open a browser on a device that is connected to the router’s network
- Enter the router’s IP address on the browser’s URL bar and press enter
- Enter your credentials and gain immediate access to the router